TRI-FACTOR SWIM & AQUATHLON* – 8th May 2016
Sentosa Island* TBC
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without prior notification.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the race course with prior notice to participants.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Organisers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the race, shorten the race or modify the course.
- Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel the race without any refund of registration fees.
- Organisers reserve the rights to cancel, postpone or change the date, venue and time of the event. There will be no refund of registration fees if the event is cancelled due to unforseen circumstances or security and safety issues.
- The Organisers reserve the right to use any photograph, motion picture, recording, or any other record of this race and its participants for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing the race. Medical personnel have the ultimate and final authority to remove a participant from the race if the participant is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race without the risk of serious injury to themselves or others. Medical transport of any participant will result in disqualification.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organisers to ensure participants’ safety, participants participate at their own risk and the Organisers shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage, whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- All Participants shall collect their Race Entry Packs that include the Swim Cap, Timing Chip, Event T-shirt, Event Handbook and other novelties at the Race Pack Collection. If participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Packs in person, they may authorise a representative to collect on their behalf.
- All participants must fasten their timing chips with the provide chip tie before beginning any race. All timing chips will be collected immediately after crossing the finish line.
- The Timing Chip is a loan item unless otherwise stated; all participants are responsible for returning the Timing Chip to the Organisers immediately after the race. A S$100 penalty applies for any loss of the Timing Chip.
- The Organisers will not be responsible for any inaccuracy in participant’s race timings.
- On-site reporting and body marking will start 45 minutes before the commencement of the race.
- Participants who commence before the actual start time of his/her Race entered for will be disqualified. (Please refer to start time of each race.)
- All participants shall be ready and assembled at the Swim Start Holding Area 15 minutes prior to the Swim.
- There may be (generous) time limitations, which is still to be determined.
- For prize winners or possible prize winners, disputes and appeals must be made on-the-spot within 15 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
- For all other participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in a written format, including electronic mail within 7 days of race day. After which, the Organisers reserve the right not to entertain any dispute or appeal.
- Any dispute arising from the participation in the Event shall be referred to Arbitration to be conducted in Singapore under the law of the Singapore Arbitration Court.
- On-the-spot entries will not be accepted.
- The Organisers reserve the right to limit and refuse entries without giving any reason.
- Completion of the entry form, including online registration, evidences the participant’s agreement to abide by the rules and regulations of TRI-FACTOR Series 2016.
- Once the registration form has been processed, there will be no fee refund for the participants who, for whatever reason, eventually do not take part.
- The Organisers will not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete and/or incorrect entry details given by the participants.
- The race registration will only be confirmed when full payment of the race registration fee is made.
- Race entries are non-transferable. Any person doing so will be held responsible in case of an accident arising from or provoked by the other person during the race. The Organisers reserve the right to exclude both parties from future events.
- The Organisers reserve the right to close registration before the said closing date should participation reach its capacity before the said date.
- Age category is determined by the participant’s age on 31 December 2016.
- Participants below the age of 18 are required to seek parental/guardian consent and fill up the relevant indemnity declaration forms as deemed necessary by the Organisers upon online registration or in-person registration. Failing which, the Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to any participant.
- All participants must wear the Swim Caps provided by the Organisers.
- Swim goggles may be worn.
- Fins, paddles, pool buoys, snorkels or any other swimming aids are not allowed.
- Wet suits are not allowed.
- Support crews are not allowed unless authorised by the organisers. Any assistance, other than medical aid received during the swim will result in immediate disqualification.
- No persons other than the participants and officials are permitted in the swimming area.
- Participants in difficulty shall signal by raising an arm to the escorting kayaks for assistance.
- Once assistance is rendered, the participant must retire from the competition.
- All first time Open Water participant will need to undergo a swim competency test at our scheduled swim trials.
- Swim trial is not required for all participant that had previous open water swim experience. (Kindly indicate it in the registration form)
- Online registration for the swim trial and swim clinic only.
- For 3km and 1.5km swim participant will be required to do a proficiency swim trial of 1.5km swim within 6o minutes or based on required distance & timing.
- For 500m swim participant will be required to do a proficiency swim trial of 400m swim within 3o minutes or based on required distance & timing.
- A non-timed swim trial will be required for non-competitive 200m swim category to test your swim proficiency.
- A $10 fee be chargeable for the swim trial. (Hydration will be included)
IMPORTANT: All information published on this website is subject to change or expiration without notice. Please make regular checks for the latest information and updates.